From football tailgates to family parties, Crossbuck BBQ's Brisket Queso is one of Dallas's most popular appetizers. Load it up with our chopped brisket and it can go from being an appetizer to an appetizing meal. It's easy to prepare and can be cooked and served in a crock pot...making it ideal for parties, banquets and more. Serves about 20 people.
- 1 Pound Crossbuck BBQ Chopped Central Texas Style Brisket (Delivered nationwide in convenient vacuum-sealed 1 lb. bags.)
- 1-½ lbs. of White American Cheese, cubed
- ½ lb. White Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons of diced Jalapeños
- 8 oz. of your favorite Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Milk
- Cube the White American Cheese
- Shred the White Chedder Cheese
- Dice the 2 Jalapeños
- Place these cheeses and jalapeños into the crock pot. Close the lid and put it on high.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the salsa, chili powder, cumin, water and milk.
- Replace lid and let it cook for an hour.
- Place the vacuum sealed bag of Crossbuck chopped brisket into oven following the heating instructions provided.
- Remove the lid and stir everything until it is well mixed.
- Add the brisket to the top of queso allowing some to sink in while leaving some to garnish the top of the queso.
Turn the crock pot down and serve it right out of the pot with tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops. You can also serve in individual containers as shown here with the brisket on top.
Other Great Appetizers
If you are looking for other great Texas-Style appetizers, Crossbuck BBQ has you covered. Our smoked Texas-style sausage features all fresh meats and smoked poblano peppers in an all-natural casing. Simply cut to size and insert toothpicks. People also rave our our low 'n slow smoked chicken wings and Texas Brisket Candy as appetizers.